Suzuki df 90 will start then dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki df 90 will start then dies

Ok. I really need some help I'm new to boats so dont know a whole lot someone please help me. I have been trying to get this 2008 df 90 started for a while now it has been in storage and I replaced the engine driven fuel pump that's driven off the cam as well as replaced my corroded thermostat cause it wouldn't open till 280 degrees. My check engine flashes with the 4-2 as well and then I hear the 4 beeps. If I replaced the fuel pump what else could it be. Like I said it is hard to get to start but once it does which is like the 5th or 6th try it will start idle for a bit over 1100 rpm then dies. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. My email is agant14@yahoo. If you have time you are more than welcome to call me at 910-548-1923. Thanks everyone in advance

Is it fuel injection? I recommend a service manual to help diagnose the engine codes.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I think 4 .2 is a crank sensor code, if I am right your crankshaft sensor is not switching properly and that will make it miss stumble stall no start and so on. I need more history on the engine why did you change the fuel pump.

Comment

suzuki DF90 starts and dies

Hate to tell you this but I had the same problem with my 1989 DT-100. I cleaned out the carbs, filters, fuel lines. I ended up replacing both carbs ($$). It now runs fine.

Comment

Hate to tell you this DF models are fuel injected and don't have carbies.

Comment

Working...
          X