dt 3.5hp 2 stroke help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dt 3.5hp 2 stroke help needed!

Hi just purchased a used dt 3.5 hp motor. would like to know its age serial number is 0351 329703 also can someone tell me the oil to fuel ratio i should use and what sort of 2 stroke oil to use or can I put scooter oil in it.I guess the fuel is pre mixed then put into the engine tank also is there separate oil for the gearbox and how do I check and replace it, and if anyone has a service/user manual they want to sell me that would be great.

many thanks Steve.

OK, lets start at the beginning, the year model can be found by checking the post at the top of this page, yes there is seperate gear oil, yes it does require oil to be mixed with the fuel, dont use "scooter oil" (whatever that is), buy a genuine manual for it, I don't know for 100% certain, but I would guess the fuel/oil ratio is 50:1 (do a google to be sure) did that cover it all?

Comment

thanks for the reply ,I guess looking at the chart its a 1993 model will try and get a manual. Thanks Steve.

Comment

3.5 Suzuki

Do you guys know where I can find a new carb. or a Pilot air screw for this motor?

I have one but it is missing the screw and won't run at idle.

Thanks

Comment

if you can't find a carb, or new part at boats.net above, try Brown's point...

Suzuki Outboard Microfiche Parts Catalog - Browns Point Marine Service, LLC

If nothing there, you'll have to go to the web. Only thing i can suggest is to google the part number with the item name. something might pop up? otherwise, check all outboard repair locations, marinas, boat yards, etc. for scrap parts.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X