Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 df140 ckp alarm

Hi,

I asked about the same issues I'm having once before and vapor lock was the opinion. I have since done and experienced the following:

Run it without issue at 4k for about an hour under load
    Had no start issue at the ramp at launch
    Completed the hundred hour service (200 hrs app**. on motor)
    Changed high pressure fuel pump filter
    Changed vent
    Experienced no start
    Experienced easy start, run for 10 seconds, die and not restart (cranks strong)

In response to alarms:
    changed cam position sensor (no change, I counted wrong)
    Changed crank position sensor(no change)

So today:

started following ckp wiring back, cleaned connectors, no change
    examined ECU including disconnecting (risky, I'm sure), took a pic of weird looking potting, reconnected started easliy, ran for 5 seconds, died and resorted to ckp alarm

Anybody else been down this twisty road?

Need to test crank sensor to see if faulty.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

you say you have changed the crank sensor, but when it stops the code comes up crank sensor. Check the crank and cam sensor at the ECU while your cranking it over. You might have a problem between the sensor and the ECU. You say you checked the wiring but did you check at the ECU while cranking. Fit a fuel pressure gauge on a tee onto your rail and keep an eye on your fuel pressure, also use a noid light and check to see if your injectors are switching when there is a no start. Don't no about the early 140 but the late engine supposed to go into fail safe and keep running, and use the cam signal for imformation

Comment

Working...
      X