dt 225 alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dt 225 alarm

My overheating alarm came on three times while offshore last weekend. I checked pee hole pressure looked the same on both motors. The alarm was on prt then starboard but after turning motors off it reset & I would run & fish for another 3 hours before it would come on again. I burnt total of 50 gallons of fuel. Anybody have any suggestions ???

Probably need to replace water pump and clean thermostats.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for info.

Comment

Do a search for suzuki dt overheat on the internet..google...There is an issue with false overheats on these motors. If you turn it off and then instantly on and its good...its an electrical issue .Thats what mine still does...it does not cool down in the 1/2 second it take me to turn off and restart when i get the overheat alarm. You could possibly have a cooling issue but if it fixes itself that fast then probably not

Comment

I will check into this matter.

Comment

I just bought a 2006 GlacierBay 3480 with 2009 DF300s, in the two trips that I have had this boat out, I get a false overheat alarm after coming off cruise at ~4000 RPM down to RPMs under 1000 and/or idle, the first trip it was the Port engine that alarmed, both were peeing fine, temps read 130 on the gauges so it appeared to be a false alarm. The second trip out, same alarm but this time on SB engine. Again, both motors peeing fine, appeared to be false alarm. I called suzuki and he said it may be the gradient alarm sensor causing the issue. Has anyone else had this and how do you fix or correct it? Besides turning the motors off and back on which seems to resolve the alarm condition.

Comment

Basskrieg
              just thinking you might get more responses if you started your own thread/ post, rather than following a much older thread on two stroke motors (dt 225's), and seriously nothing like your 2009 DF300's.

Please start your own post. Most people don't look at these older motors anymore.

Comment

Good idea Solarman! Will do.

Comment

Working...
                X