Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor not starting or shutting down

I have 2 df200's that have the following problems:
    not starting, not continuing to run, not idling down below 1000 rpm when retracting throttle. each time I venture offshore, every third or fourth time i will return on one engine.
    the problem seems to be the iac valve. i have replaced the fourth valve this week. my repair shop has no answer for this problem. these engines are so unrealible that i do not venture more than a few miles from shore.

Did they say what was failing on the IAC, sticking or electrical failure?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

iac has sticking problems and electrical failure

Comment

That is very puzzeling, you will need to take to you Suzuki dealer and they will need to consult with Suzuki on this matter.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Check the throttle position switch it plays a very important role with the iac and ecu, when shifting from high rpm to low rpm the iac will bypass air and the ecu will keep more advance on the timing so the engine won't stall in neutral. Do the engines run alright above idle and under way, also when you say won't start doe's it crank and not start, need more imformation.

Comment

iac problems

have been to dealer he has contacted suzuki I have complained to suzuki customer service with no success (no reply). the engines when running are great, but with these continuing problems render the engines so unrealible they are useless for ofshore fishing. I have the last iac valve to be replaced, I would be glad to send to suzuki to determine the failure mode or cause of failure.
            any assistance with this problem would be great.

Comment

Unfortunately I am baffled. If suzuki cannot help I am uncertain where to send you.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X