df 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df 115

I was running my 115 4 stroke saturday,running full throttle a few miles then all of a sudden it kinda went into the rev limiter mode then fell off plane and died.started right back up no problem,,ran it up to full throttle and it did the same thing,,then restarted and ran 1/2 to 3/4 throttle back to ramp with no problems. ran it wide open yesterday to the sandbar and back (1 mile) no problems. any body experience this and have any ideas?

There are a number of faults that would activate the safe mode, need to have it checked for fault codes to see what is activating.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Did an alarm sound or light on the tach go off? I had a similar issue happen, boat ran fine until about 5800 rpms on a DF140, then it would act like it hit a rev limiter, no alarm or lights then run fine, did this a couple of times. I drained the VST and changed the water seperator and full service and it never did it again. My assumption is it was junk in the VST.

Comment

No alarms or lights whatsoever. how do i check these fault codes you speak of BOATNET?

Comment

Originally posted by jessecwi View Post
          No alarms or lights whatsoever. how do i check these fault codes you speak of BOATNET?
          Some faults show up by decoding flashing check engine light. But you said no lights.
          So.....Diagnostic hookup at Suzuki service center......only way I know of.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Sounds like it is running out of fuel on the top end rpm, do the easy thing first and change your filters.

Comment

Working...
            X