2005 DF200 lights and buzzer errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF200 lights and buzzer errors

After last year storm, my boat was partially submerged in salt water. All wires and gauges replaced, motor cleaned, lubricated, oils, fuel changed, but when I turned key to ON position, immediately Temp, Oil Pressure and Check Engine lights are continuously ON and three beeps followed by four beeps from buzzer ( MAP sensor error?) can be heard over constant, quieter beeping sound. Error beeps can by shot off by pressing the key, but constant beep is still on with one, louder every two soconds and of course motor is locked by 3000 rpm. I do not have a vacuum pump to check MAP sensor. Any idea where to start troubleshooting?
    Last edited by jacekz; 06-19-2012, 12:02 PM.

Pull the map sensor off and make sure the presure detect hole is not blocked. When the engine is running back probe the sensor with a thin needle and if it is the same as the df 140 it will have three wires, power 5 volts ground 0 volts and a signal line between 1 and 4 volts depending on manifold vacum eg engine load, the presure detect hole is probably blocked and the ecu is sensing 4 volts at idle or corosion in the wiring. and use a good quality digital multimeter.

Comment

Thanks, I will start from there

Comment

Working...
      X