DF 115 code 4-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 115 code 4-2

It is a no start and code 4-2. I check for AC pules on the CKP and it was switching. I read some where else that that code could be generated other ways? Can some one give me a little insight or literature on how to proceed. Is there a PDF manual i can buy and DL?

Bill, If you will get me your email address, I will try to email you a PDF service manual.

Comment

thanks

1st.street.auto@gmail.com

Comment

The ECM is looking for 34 trigger signals in one crankshaft revolution from the CPK sensor, it works in conjunction with the camshaft sensor for RPM and piston position. If the engine was running and it lost the crankshaft sensor it will keep running based on imformation from the camshaft sensor, but once stopped it will not start again.

Comment

so its not uncommon for the cpk to go bad?

Comment

How did you check the sensor, with a scope or digital multimeter,check the resistance of the sensor it should be between 168 and 252 ohms. If the ECM cant read the trigger signals the ignition module wont switch, and I dont think you will have an injection pulse either. Do this simple test pull a lead off a plug and fit a plug into the lead earth it and crank the engine over and see if it sparks, also disconect an injector plug and conect a noid light across it crank the engine and see if it flickers.

Comment

Which wire do i earth (ground) red or green?

Comment

Use a led test light, disconect the injector plug and conect the test light between the two wires, crank the engine and the light will blink. Make sure you only use a led test light.

Comment

Dang Installed injector node lite and damed if it didnt blink , check plug sparks it worked also. I swear it didnt before. Had to use either to fire up and dyes when either does. I guess im off to fuel supply. ugh

Comment

Bill's Garage, did you ever find out what was wrong? I've spent dollars on my starboard motor and got it fixed. Then after bout 7 hours of operations, my port motor gave the 4-2 code. Once I shut it down, it would not crank. I hate buying parts that I don't need to.
                    TEAM FATBOY

Comment

i did get it fixed. The codes set when it wouldnt start. Im an idiot for not looking closer at fuel pressures. Fuel pump bad. If you can get the pump out just change it other wise buy the whole unit.It has a vapor thing Sorry dont recall the name.

Comment

Working...
                      X