DF150 Stalls upon starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF150 Stalls upon starting

Ok, so I have a 150 that when started it revs way up and then shuts right off. It does not do it all the time and does not do it on the first start up ever, only when it is warm. The motor does not have any codes. When it is running it does not skip a beat it runs great at all rpms. Any ides would be helpful.

Ok, well try a search....you'd find these if you did.......

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...odd-start.html
    http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-stalling.html
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

It could be voltage drop on crank, have you ever noticed when you lift up the bonnet of a car and you see a normal size battery sitting there and in your boat you have either one or two massive 600 cca batteries hooked up to a pissey little four stroke motor, it's because when they make ECU'S they don't build in compinsation for voltage drop for injector duration and ignition dwell. You won't have that problem in an automotive situation even as low as eight volts on a twelve volt system the engine will still start.

Comment

great.. thanks. any idea the part number for the white wire? I know it comes with the motors but is it a replaceable part or do i just need to make one?

Comment

The white wire is referred to in the FSM as the sub battery cable. On the parts microfiche, it's referred to as ECM battery lead, listed as either part number 36625-93J00, or 36625-93J10. Not sure what the difference is, but think the two parts are just different lengths. Both part numbers include the 15A fuse.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thank You hopefully a new battery and new white wire will fix me up

Comment

Working...
            X