df 70 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df 70 problems

Ok guys this is a tough one. I have a 1999 df70 it was installed on boat when I bought it only hase the tempo gages so no suzuki gages, I have 2 manuals but still cant get my head around this problem. what all has been done, new water pumping pumping great, new tstat, new water valve, new vst,new high and low fuel filters, oil changed new oil filter, ok after running 4 to 8 minutes I start getting a single 1.5 second beep ever 7 to 8 seconds, soon after engine stalls like its starving for fuel, I have used my infra red therm and the middle of the exhaust manifold seems to hitting 210 degrees when this happens, the heads seem to be around 150 to 170, I am at a compleet loss I have even run salt away through it ever 20 times over a cpl day time frame. Im not even sure if the stalling has anything to do with the alarm or the heat. I have checked fuel pressure at fuel rail 38lbs, could it be oil pressure, bad head gasket, I am 3.3 hours away from a suzuki dealer and he is 4 weeks behind right now, any help I would be so thankfull
    david

If it is like the DF140 the exhaust temp sensor is sensing high temp and shutting down the injectors, it sounds like a water restriction in the head around the exhaust manifold and cant dissapate the heat.

Comment

thats kind off what I had thought allso, I think pulling the head cleaning it and replaceing the head gasket will be my next step, I have allready got 10 times more in this rig than its worth

Comment

Working...
      X