No announcement yet.

problems in my DF 175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DF175 and DF150 are exactly the same, except for the power head....which makes me wonder a bit about my DF150, even though no DF150 owners have come forward with this problem. Mine is run 100% salt water, warm salt water, at that.

I am curious, though, that the parts diagrams show the bushing is only used in the X models, and not the L models, which have the shorter driveshaft. I'm just wondering what would happen if the bushing were removed entirely, if that extra 5 inches would cause some "whipping" or flexing of the shaft, or would it still turn straight and true? Just a thought of mine.

In any case, I sure do intend to have a look at my drive shaft and consider replacing the bushing (or maybe leaving it out) with my next water pump service.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

HI Madmick any chance of you sms your phone number to me as it is a bit easier than asking question on the computer. thanks steven 0418364490

Comment

Sorry for the long delay but I haven't been on for a while. Steve you can get me on 0419577000....

Comment

DF 175 Squealing sound

Did anyone ever find a permanent resolution to the squealing problem. Mine has been taken apart and "fixed", but almost 5 years later it still exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ricardos View Post
            Hi everybody,

I have a new DF 175 with less then 20 hours, and last time I went fishing, I
            listened a strange noise when I put it in forward, its not a big noise but looks like a metallic sound, anything that seems to rub against another while it seems a slight whistle or a squeak, when I go up the rotation from 1000 rpm and when decelerating to low rotation or neutral sound ends slowly, the same happens when I go up to high rotation.
            Can you please help me on this matter.

Thanks a lot

Ricardo
            On the squeal that everyone is talking about, is this the water pump shaft that is getting salt on it and being cleaned, replaced or whatever to stop it for some period of time?

Comment

Working...
            X