Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Df 140,oil light comes on at higher rpms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df 140,oil light comes on at higher rpms...

Newbie here, I just bought a used boat with a 2009 Suzuki 140. I starting noticing the oil light flickering at 3500 rpms, at 4000 it was solid and at 5000 it starting flickering and shut off at 5500 rpms. I reset the service light, changed oil and filter. Everything runs fine, but I really don't like the light.. FYI- it has about 45 hours on it.. Any help or suggestions??

if the oil presure light comes on the ecu will limit the revs to 3000 and the buzzer will sound, and I think the rev limiter light comes on too. So you should not have been able to get to the higher rpm, if it is the oil light coming on it might be the switch, remove the switch and check the pressure.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but i am having the same issue. After doing an oil change the oil pressure light will flicker and then come on solid at 2800-3000 rpms. At 4800-5200 it will turn off, but after running at 5000 or higher for about 2-3 mins it loses all power, if i wait 10-30secs it will rev back up and run. I can run at 4000 rpms with no issues (beside oil light). No temp or rev limit lights come on and no warning buzzers. Anyone know what this might be?

Comment

No ideas? I reset the oil change reminder everytime I change oil

Comment

My first guess is the oil pressure sensor might be failing. I guess this as oil pressure issues typically appear first at idle, not higher rpm.

Comment

Working...
          X