DT3.5 carburetor questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT3.5 carburetor questions

I got an old DT3.5HP engine, I think its a 84 model.

It was sitting in a shed for 10 years, so I soaked the carb in acetone overnight and washed all the oily gunk out and sprayed all the holes with compressed air.

When I removed the bolt from the bottom of the float bowl I noticed inside the threaded shaft (which that bolt threads into) there is a small copper tube.

Can anyone explain the function of this, I have a feeling that the tip of this copper inner tube may have broken off. Would this effect the operation of the motor? Anything I should check or recommendations for repair if necessary?

Also, the clutch seems to fall into gear by itself, doesn't hold in neutral position very well, any ideas what might cause that?

UPDATE : In further research, I would like to detail that the "Threaded Shaft" is actutally the "Pedestal" and the "small copper tube" I am refering to is the "emulsion tube".

On further inspection, I found that the gunk in the float bowl bolt had stuck to the emulsion tube and actually tore about 5mm off the bottom of the emulsion tube when I removed the bolt, and it also seems to have split a bit but I can't tell how far up.

Is the emulsion tube replaceable, or do I need to get a whole new carburettor body?
    Last edited by Karlostavitch; 08-24-2012, 08:30 AM. Reason: More Detailed information

You will need to purchase a new carburetor, the tube is not available separately.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Carb

What model number carb should I get.

Comment

stick with one post, we do not need to answer same questions in different posts.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X