2005 DF140 Fuel Injector Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF140 Fuel Injector Issue

'05 df140 giving a 4-3 engine code. Engine runs rough at idle and will not go over 3000rpm. Pulled each injector plug while motor was running. Third one from the top is the only one that did not make it worse. Have a 12v signal at that plug. Replaced injector, no changes. Any help would be greatful.

Matt

Look for a broken wire on the earth side of the injector, all four injectors are supplied with +12 volts and the ecm will put a ground on the injector when it wants to energize it. My guess it is broken at the plug, I think your ecm is alright because it was capable of sensing no voltage drop when it wants to energize the injector and give the 4 . 3 code. If your any good with a digital multimeter you will find it.

Comment

HII
      there is an easy way to check that.take a led circuit tester and plug is wire to a 12volt on your engine and than take the tip of the tester and carefuly plug him to the earth sid on the injector plug. now start your engine and u about to see the led flashing. hope that i help u let us know

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
        Look for a broken wire on the earth side of the injector, all four injectors are supplied with +12 volts and the ecm will put a ground on the injector when it wants to energize it. My guess it is broken at the plug, I think your ecm is alright because it was capable of sensing no voltage drop when it wants to energize the injector and give the 4 . 3 code. If your any good with a digital multimeter you will find it.
        Found a broken wire on the hot side over on the other side of the block near the ECM. Insulation had a tiny crack and was giving intermittent power. Spliced it out and she's as good as new. Thanks for the advice.

-Mathue

Comment

Working...
        X