o rings df 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o rings df 140

How often should you replace o rings. Had an issue with my df 140 with water in oil.

If you are servicing and item and there are o-rings, would not hurt to change, but you usually only need to change when they go bad or dry rot.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I guess you are talking about the ones on the oil filter/cooler? if so, clean all the corrosion and replace the O rings.

Comment

df 140 orings

Yes the o rings in oil cooler. Had water in oil so am replacing oil cooler.

Comment

watch out

Water in the oil, uh oh. Watch out this is the first sign of something going on bad. You haven't had any overheat alarms or auto shut downs, right? While I know that water can get in through the oil cooler, don't make any long fishing trips until you know for sure you have corrected the problem. I was having water get into my oil and it was a head gasket leak. When it failed it really filled up with water quickly. I was very close to the launch and it saved a total loss of my engine.
          good luck

Comment

More like a corosion problem some where else, engine holder or head.

Comment

O rings for DF140

I would like to buy a handful of O-rings and keep in my toolbox so it becomes handy when I do servicing. Does anybody have a list of the sizes that are of general use for DF140T? Wanted to save bucks by buying direct from O-ring suppliers.

Comment

Working...
              X