Suk DF 250 warning code 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suk DF 250 warning code 2-4

Does anyone know what warning code 2-4 is? My motor will not start eventhou I have 12.35v at the starter leads.

Thxs

Hi filo 2-4 on a 70 hp is camshaft position sensor, when you say it will not start does it turn over? if it does and still doesn't start camshaft position sensor is a good place to start, hope this helps.
    T

Comment

Do you mean it cranks and doe's not start, or you turn the key and nothing happens, need more imformation.

Comment

Hi, i have the same problem. Can you help me pleas. Yes my motor mean it cranks and doe's not start. Motor plugs make a spark.

Comment

Does the engine crank at the normal speed even though it won’t start, and have you got a 2.4 code coming up.
          If so I need year of engine and some history.

Comment

Yes the engine crank at the normal speed. Motor is year 2008. The engine was sunk in June! It was cleaned, and started normally in July. I replaced the timing belt last week but im sure that it was right. I measured with a multimeter SMP sensor and i think is good. Than you very much for your help!

Comment

Mate the engine does not have a timing belt it has a timing chain, do you mean the camshaft sensor, if so was the engine running recently and you changed the cam sensor because the 2,4 code come up and it would not start.
              If that engine was dumped in salt water you are going to have on going electrical problems in the future.
              Do you realize there are three cam sensors, are you checking the right one, tell me how you checked it and the colors of the wires and the voltages you got.
              How long has it been since the engine ran.

Comment

thank you for answer. My engine really has a timing belt. Sorry, I have a DF70 !! Year 2008. The engine ran 7 months ago. 1 month ago I changed the timing belt and 10 days ago I tested the first start this year. I only changed the spark plugs and the timing belt. The CMP sensor has two cables and the CKP has three cables. I don't know how to test.2.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

i test so: https://youtu.be/LQdso2mivRk
                  I'll make a better video tomorrow
                  Last edited by Mitch81; 02-09-2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

At least we are on the same page now, big difference between a df250 and a df70.

Comment

Ok your engine runs an inductive cam shaft sensor, and a digital hall sensor on the crankshaft, on the camshaft gear you will see four raised lugs that rotate past the magnetic sensor which induces an ac voltage in the coil windings as it approaches the sensor and as it leaves the sensor, it is best to use an oscilloscope to measure the voltage that it produces. It looked like you had your meter on the diode setting in the picture is that right. Did you remove the cam sensor when you changed the timing belt.
                      Disconnect the sensor and turn your meter to ac connect the red probe to the red and black wire and the black lead to the battery neg terminal and crank the engine and watch for a change in voltage and the bar graff on the meter.

On the crank sensor it has three wires power, signal, and ground, switch meter to dc, connect the red lead to the orange and green wire and the black lead to battery neg, crank the engine over and you should see the voltage changing from zero to five volts.
                      Your engine has built in software that if you lose either the cam signal or the crank signal the engine will still start.

When you replaced the timing belt did you turn the engine over and get tdc number one compression and checked that the crank pully notch lined up with the mark on the case and the cam gear lined up with the number one mark on the gear lined up with the index mark on the head, or you just removed the belt and hoped the cam gear didn't move when you fitted the belt.

Comment

Hi, than you very much!!
                        Today i control timing belt - its corect.
                        Did you remove the cam sensor when you changed the timing belt. - YES
                        Tomorrow I will take the measurements according to your instructions.
                        this is today's video: https://youtu.be/_8mE0LYkysw

Comment

It looks like to me you are trying to test the cam sensor in diode mode, turn the engine over by hand and when one of the raised lugs lines up with the cam sensor check the gap 1mm and when you check the crank sensor leave it connected when you test the signal wire orange and green, when cranking the voltage should be changing between o and 5 volts.
                          When you first turn the key on you, should hear the fuel pump running for a bout 3 seconds do you, have you checked to see if you have fuel pressure.

Comment

Ouuu :-) Redlowrey good point. I thing, that my problem will be in presure fuel pump! I dont hear pump. Tomorow i test it. what pressure should the pump have? 3.5bar?
                            Last edited by Mitch81; 02-12-2022, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Around 3 bar then the pressure regulator will blow off and keep the pressure constant.
                              Check and make sure you have battery voltage on the grey wire going into the pump, the computer will control the ground which is black and white.

Just remember when you turn the key on the computer will only supply the ground for about 3 seconds then remove the ground if you don’t turn the key to the start position.

Comment

Working...
                              X