No announcement yet.

Fuel in engine oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***! You cant be all that confident with the local dealer who did the new powerhead install after that little episode!

Hope they sort you out quickly with the replacement engine. I am sure the replacement will be fine.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Werner View Post
      Big bag this week-end! Weather allowed boat run at reasonable break-in speeds. Engine blew while getting up on plane - about 10 minutes of operation. Blew components through the engine cover - will need a saw to get the cover off. Initial feedback this AM is that Suzuki will be shipping a complete new engine this week.
      What a joke, I was waiting for a reply like I have still got fuel in the oil.

Comment

Install of Short-Block was done by Suzuki technician @ local dealer. Not sure what that means. Unlikely that original problem (fuel > crankcase) was cause of rod discharge - within 18 minutes of operation. Had to be something wrong with short block or installation. In any case - thread has nothing to do with Fuel In Crankcase anymore!!

Comment

Ah-h-h........I LOVE a happy ending!
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

***, ***, ***! I think you have done your time Peter. It's time for the boat gods to pick on someone else for a while. What a nightmare. At least it happened now, and not a month out of warranty. Or worse yet, 30 miles out of Neah Bay!
            -Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by WEDOCQ View Post
              ***, ***, ***! I think you have done your time Peter. It's time for the boat gods to pick on someone else for a while. What a nightmare. At least it happened now, and not a month out of warranty. Or worse yet, 30 miles out of Neah Bay!
              -Shawn
              No one was picking on peter, just the dills that were working on an engine that never had to be touched.

Comment

New complete outboard on its way to dealer. Not sure about comment that engine, which was experiencing an increase of crankcase liquid volume of 1.5 quarts per 2 hours of operation, did not need to be worked on??!! In any case - hope new engine is delivered with the correct thermostats!! Peter PS - Thanks for support

Comment

Yeh - 30 miles off Neah Bay on a kicker would have been an adventure of its own - I'd be calling the Coastyies. Peter

Comment

Working...
                  X