Df115. 2007 won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df115. 2007 won't start

Hi, I can't get the outboard to start, it has been struggling to start the past few weeks but always fired up and ran great, I left engine for two weeks over Xmas and this morning it will not go! It's sparking fine and I changed the blue filter and there's plenty fuel coming through any ideas what else it could be?

more info

So the battery is cranking the engine? Turning over but not starting.

Comment

Yes it's turning over no problem

Comment

Will not start

There is another canister fuel filter on the side of the motor. Also there are two fuel pumps on the motor. One is on the back and one is under the manifold. Hope this helps you.

Comment

Pretty sure the engine is getting fuel as plugs were wet with fuel when I took them out

Comment

Put the plugs back in and open the throttle with the warm up lever and if it starts alright clean the throttle plate with some carbi cleaner. When the engine is cold the ECU is looking at voltage from the temp sensor and the map sensor to calculate how much air the iac has to bypass the throttle plate and injection pulse width to start, my guess is the iac is not bypassing enough air, remove it and give it a clean as well as cleaning the throttle plate. Do this first before I give you more imformation on what and how to check.

Comment

Working...
            X