Df150 stalling immediately after start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df150 stalling immediately after start

My df150 is a couple months old, I could take it bak to the installing dealer for this but if it is easy I would rather not drive it up there and have to leave it.

Immediately after cranking, as the rpm's are coming downing down from approx 1200, the engine stalls. It is as if it is the rpm's are coming done so fast it just can't quite stabilize at 500 before it dies. It only does this when warm, cold starts are fine. The problem is easily remedied by giving it just a touch of throttle and everything is good.

Any ideas?

Ok, read about a white wire on some other posts, does anyone know if this wire is actually white with a blue stripe? That is the only one I could seem to find?

Comment

I'm the one who for the most part, started the conversation on the "white wire," referred to by Suzuki as the "Sub Battery Cable," or "ECM Power Source Line." I had the exact problem, finally found the wire, but determined that the problem was not the wire, but a slightly low battery charge. The ECM, when starting, seems very sensitive to battery voltage. The motor cranked and fired just fine, didn't sound slow cranking or anything. When I finally located the wire on my boat, there was nothing wrong with it. But as soon as I took steps to wire my boat's dual battery system differently than it came from the factory, and separated the batteries to a house and a start battery, and added the dual battery charge system from Suzuki, my problem went away. Forever. I've never had another incident. You need to see that your battery (-ies) is/are fully charged. That will involve a separate charger, since the charging system on the motor itself will only charge to about 85% as a norm. And depending on how much drain you have while sitting on the water, you might want to consider a second battery if you don't have a dual set-up now. I still charge both batteries with an onboard charger when I take the boat out of the water and go home after a week of fishing. As far as the color of the wire goes, my DF150 is an '07 model, and my service manual covers up to '08 models. There, the wire is white, no tracer, blue or otherwise. Later years might be different.

As a test, to convince yourself how easy it is to prevent the problem, put a charger on your battery and make sure it has a full charge before going out next time. I bet you'll find that it takes care of your starting problem.
      Last edited by Harper; 02-09-2013, 05:06 PM.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Sounds more like an IAC problem not by passing enough air, as he said when he gives it a little throttle there is no problem. Base idle adjustment with air bypass screw.

Comment

Working...
        X