2007 DF175 No power to keyswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF175 No power to keyswitch

I have no power to the dash keyswitch. I had a similar problem last year and changed the white harnness from the battery to the engine. Boat was fine for 6 months, now It seems like the same problem , but white wire has voltage to the motor . ????? help

Same Problem

I think I'm having the same problem. I have no power to the ignition switch or tilt and trim. Mine is sporadic. I cut the terminal end and put on a new one. Thought I solved the problem. it cut out on me again yesterday. Help

Comment

I changed the white wire that goes from the battery to the plug under the ecm and it was fine for months. Same problem but not the same solution -.... I am in the middle of checking everything. I need help though. Puzzled at this point... Both neutral switches check out OK. I'm all grounds are good' I think either a break in the harness or the ecm.

Comment

Originally posted by jw1957 View Post
        I have no power to the dash keyswitch. I had a similar problem last year and changed the white harnness from the battery to the engine. Boat was fine for 6 months, now It seems like the same problem , but white wire has voltage to the motor . ????? help
        Check the thirty and sixty amp fuses under the cowl, the 12 volt supply starts there at the starter soliniod where the battery cable connects and powers up the main relay and feeds off to the ignition switch. Use a test light and trace it back it might be the switch.

Comment

thanks for your input. Heres where I am . Fuses are good. Keyswitch is good , nuetral switches good , white wire with 15 a fuse good (new ) . I have no power up to the keyswitch. If I unplug the switch there is nothing at any terminal on the plug. I have 12 volts going into the harness from the ECM on the white wire .I have 12 volts at the starter ...... Confused

Comment

White Wire

Fixed my problem yesterday afternoon. It was a "White Wire" problem. I had a loose connection.

Comment

I wish mine turned out to be that easy. I even made a jumper with a 15amp fuse and tried that .... NO LUCK yet. I'll eventually get it I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by jw1957 View Post
                I wish mine turned out to be that easy. I even made a jumper with a 15amp fuse and tried that .... NO LUCK yet. I'll eventually get it I hope.
                Where did you hook the jumper wire too, and what are the colours of the wires at the ignition key plug, try this leave the key on and wiggle the wires and plug arounrd the main relay you should have power on the white wire.

Comment

Ok , I have power to the white plug (single wire) near the ecm.
                  I have 12 volts at the starter . I have nothing on any wire to the helm. Zero ... no power on any wire. I have 12 volts on the white wire coming out of the main harnness connection on the motor . No power on any other wire. Im wondering if that is the main power to the helm or not.

Comment

The jumper I made relaced the single white wire from the battery connection to the plug on the motor. I thought it might have been the white wire failing again as it did last year.

Comment

Found boken connection in the harness. All fixed .Thanks for input.

Comment

Working...
                      X