2007 DF 175 electrical issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF 175 electrical issue

I'm in trouble and need assistance ....... I posted earlier about no power to the keyswitch . I have not found any info on the forum that has helped me resolve this issue. I need Help please ....

Looks like you have already checked it all, may be time to take it to a dealer.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I tried , closest dealer can't take it in , too busy. He told me to keep looking for a bad connection. That is what they have found. The problem seems to be these motors don't break enough and don't have typical or repeating problems other than the "white Wire " issue. I have the starting circut diagram and checked the circut and I have no voltage at the green #1 wire on the ECM that feeds the starter relay. I'm not an expert but pretty good at following instructions. Im confused at this point. Is the ECM bad ? Please just try to steer me in the right direction . Thanks

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the green wire is actually grounded through the ECM, and the power to the starter relay is provided via the yellow/green wire. The y/g wire is common to the brown wire at the starter switch. The brown wire is connected through the switch to the white wire (direct from battery) when the switch is turned to "start." Check the brown wire at the switch for power in the start position, then check the y/g wire at the starter relay also for power with the switch in the start position. There are at least two connecting points between the brown wire at the switch and the yellow/green wire at the relay. Start your troubleshooting from there.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

[QUOTE=jw1957;9202]I tried , closest dealer can't take it in , too busy. He told me to keep looking for a bad connection. That is what they have found. The problem seems to be these motors don't break enough and don't have typical or repeating problems other than the "white Wire " issue. I have the starting circut diagram and checked the circut and I have no voltage at the green #1 wire on the ECM that feeds the starter relay. I'm not an expert but pretty good at following instructions. Im confused at this point. Is the ECM bad ? Please just try to steer me in the right direction . Thanks[/QUOTE. Mate the problem is simple to find, you don;t understand wiring circuits get an auto electrician to have a look and he will find the problem in fifteen minutes.

Comment

Im still trying to get a good control electrician over to look at it.

Comment

In your first post you say no power to dash or starting, so why are you looking at the starter circuit, you have to have supply to the ignition switch first to be able to switch it to the start side of the switch for the starter. As I said before the white wire is the main ignition feed coming from the motor up the loom to your consol, black green white gray brown orange, white is the supply, when you turn the key to on the gray will have battery voltage going through the power relay to earth through the ecm, plus the dash will be powerd up, when you turn the key to start the brown wire will have battery voltage through the neutral switches to the starter relay to earth whitch is yellow and green and from there battery voltage will energize the pull in windings on the starter solinoid. Do this simple test run a jumper through a fuse to the grey wire on ignition key plug the dash will light up, and then try the brown wire the engine should crank. ,

Comment

I am going to try your suggestion as soon as I can , within an hour or so I should be able to perform that test. I was testing the circut to see if something on the motor starting circut was not sending power to the switch. Your test makes sense. I will post results of that test as soon as I complete it. Im hoping that shows me something.

Thanks, John

Comment

OK , Your test made sense . If I jump 12 volts to the grey wire I have power .
                  And same with the brown wire . I know my switch works but I don't have supply power from the white wire feeding the ignition switch. I have power on the white coming out of the main plug to the harness leading to the helm. I have no power on the white wire at the helm. This wire goes directly to the helm , Correct? If so my problem is the white wire has a break in it somewhere in the harness to the helm.
                  I am going to check the schematic to be sure it runs directly from the plug on the motor and directly to the plug on the keyswitch. If this is true I will run a new wire and see what happens.
                  At one point I suspected this was the problem but it seemed too obvious.
                  I will post my results . You have been a great help. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
                    In your first post you say no power to dash or starting, so why are you looking at the starter circuit, you have to have supply to the ignition switch first to be able to switch it to the start side of the switch for the starter. As I said before the white wire is the main ignition feed coming from the motor up the loom to your consol, black green white gray brown orange, white is the supply, when you turn the key to on the gray will have battery voltage going through the power relay to earth through the ecm, plus the dash will be powerd up, when you turn the key to start the brown wire will have battery voltage through the neutral switches to the starter relay to earth whitch is yellow and green and from there battery voltage will energize the pull in windings on the starter solinoid. Do this simple test run a jumper through a fuse to the grey wire on ignition key plug the dash will light up, and then try the brown wire the engine should crank. ,
                    Found it . When I jumped the white wire it powered the helm but feed back to motor wasnt going to all the components it should have. Then I knew it had to be a bad wire. I took as much harness as I could to the helm and found a "Y" where it branched off. I checked for voltage before and had it. When I checked after the "Y" I had nothing. I opened up the harness and found a two into one connection that had disconnected. Fixed that and I'm in bussiness again. Thanks to everyone for the great input . John

Comment

Hey jw1957

Is the "Y" you found was Including a white/red stripe wire ???

I have a very similar Electric problem : I have light at the dash but that's about it... I don't see my tach going up to show hours when turning the igniton key...
                      - No more buzzer sound
                      - No Spark
                      - No Fuel Pump
                      - No Starter

I do have an alternative "limit" light coming ON and OFF...

I also found a damaged blue/black wire on my harness right before getting into the motor which I repaired...

Any idea ???

Comment

Working...
                      X