2003 DF 140 Engine Holder/Burnt Engine Harness/4-3 Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 DF 140 Engine Holder/Burnt Engine Harness/4-3 Code

First time poster. Left my dock and got about 3000 yards away when the engine holder blew out. Had a sudden loss of power then motor finally shut down. Got back to the trailer pulled the cowling and side covers found the holder blown completely out and wiring harness burnt to a crisp. Put wires back together 1 by 1 and engine will not run correctly and tach shows a 4-3 code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you fix the hole in the engine holder? The exhaust gasses will be sucked into the intake air and it will not run correctly. Assuming that you fixed the engine holder, the 4-3 code is a failed fuel injector code.

Comment

Haven't fixed the hole yet, been stuffing the hole with a rag. Had to solder the harness back together. Took all the injectors out and tested with a 9volt battery and all showed the same spray pattern and ohmed them and the showed they were in the acceptable range. While it's running on the muffs, I pulled the rag out of the engine holder and it's blowing straight fuel out and the terry towel is soaked with fuel also.

Comment

Also, it showed a 1-5 code last night for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by H500driver View Post
          Also, it showed a 1-5 code last night for the first time.
          Run the engine with the cowling off, and see if it starts to run good if you leave the cowling on the engine will draw in the exhaust gas and the map sensor signal to the ecu will be very high and the engine will run too rich. The map sensor uses manifold vacuum for imformation on engine load and because it can't burn exhaust gas the signal line voltage will be high resulting to much fuel fix the hole.

Comment

I forgot to add, hook a noid light up to the injector and see if it is switching and change or clean the plugs they will be sooted up.

Comment

Burnt engine holder

Originally posted by H500driver View Post
              First time poster. Left my dock and got about 3000 yards away when the engine holder blew out. Had a sudden loss of power then motor finally shut down. Got back to the trailer pulled the cowling and side covers found the holder blown completely out and wiring harness burnt to a crisp. Put wires back together 1 by 1 and engine will not run correctly and tach shows a 4-3 code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
              I do not know how far away you live friend, but I live in MD USA close to the Chesapeake Bay.
              I have a used 2002 DF140 engine holder which has an "aluminum" plug installed where the offending iron plug was.
              Your problem was probably caused by "Galvanic" corosion from dissimiliar metals in the presence of salt water.
              Any way I have one, in good condition, $100.00 Dollars US, plus shipping.
              A new one costs about $800.00, so depending on wether you can have it welded this may be a good deal for you

Comment

stuffing rags in holes will not fix anything, it needs to be repaired or replaced, and a new wiring harness, not too sure why you started playing around with the injectors, this is a simple known issue, fix it and fix it properly.

Comment

Working...
                X