water in the oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in the oil

I have a 06 df 175 and am getting water in the oil. It idles good and starts easy. Just wondering where it could be getting in. The compression is good in all four cylinders too.

Almost gotta be either the head gasket or the oil cooler.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Not sure if the DF 175's have oil coolers, I lookes at parts list and didn't find one.

Jim

Comment

Can the cylinders still have good compression and still have a bad head gasket? I let the motor run for at least ten minutes yesterday and it started great, idled great and even revved up good.(on the muffs of course). I looked into the water jackets from underneath and they do not look very corroded. No pitting just some powdery stuff that rubs off real easy. I took the anodes out and they were a lil corroded. but the metal behind them looked really good. I am running out of options before tearing into the powerhead. Has any one else out there had a motor begin leak water where it wasn't suppose to go do to corrosion in the water jackets? Any ideas would be great. My freakin boat has been out of order for seven dang months. Redid the floor, then decided to add more power and now am stuck with this dud.

Comment

Originally posted by jHydroman View Post
          Not sure if the DF 175's have oil coolers, I lookes at parts list and didn't find one.

Jim
          Think you're probably right, Jim. I remembered having seen an oil cooler in a cooling system schematic for the 150/175 service manual, but in looking at it again, it refers to the "block oil cooler" in the flow chart between the engine holder and the pee hole, but I think it must be integral with the block casting. I don't find one in the parts list, either.

Mike35292, it is possible to have a leak in the head gasket between the water jacket and an oil passage, and yet have no indication that there is any compression loss in the combustion chambers.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Ok so today I took the head off of the motor. I can not see any obvious cracks or problems with the head or the block. The gasket looked good too. One of the head bolts had a little bit of build up on it but not to bad. I plan on taking it to a machine shop to see if they can find anything. Any info on this would be great.

Comment

Is there much salt build up the water jackets and corrosion.

Comment

I would do a lot more searching before I just pulled into a milion pieces, simply stripping it down and rebuilding will probably never find the cause, and you will have to start all over again.

Comment

Had the head pressure checked and was told the head was warped. Not much corrosion in the passages in the head or the block. Actually none that I could see. The guy at the machine shop knew right away it was a suzuki head and said he had seen some come through his door.

Comment

Working...
                  X