1999 DF50 cutting out above 4800rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 DF50 cutting out above 4800rpm

1999 DF50 cuts out above 4800 RPMS, runs great below that.. any ideas?
    1999 Suzuki DF50 - YouTube

cleaned out VST tank and changed out small filter (which was clogged) under high speed fuel pump inside VST tank. All other filters changed. Problem is still occurring..

Comment

pulled injectors, had them cleaned, leak tested ect. Went on water test today, same problem.....

Comment

guess im the only one responding lol... Its not fuel related, hooked up fuel pressure gauge today.. Pressure is good at all speeds...

Comment

Have you tried running on a portable fuel tank with different fuel line, this would rule out the instslled tsnk snf fuel lines.

Jim

Comment

Check or remove the anti-syphon valve at the tank end. Culd also be a restriction in the fuel lines. If they are old, replace the lines, as the inside can deteriorate especially if you have ever had ethanol fuel in there.

Grant

Comment

Is it completely dropping out or does it feel like one cyl is dropping out, I wouldn't be surprised if the ecu is cutting a cyl out because it thinks you are going over max rpm.

Comment

boat is run off a portable 9 gallon tank, I tried another portable 6 gallon no change. Yes sounds like a cylinder is dropping out. Yesterday I had it go up to 5900 briefly. Engine should run between 5900-6500 max rpm. Plugs are new. I do not have access to suzuki software.

1999 DF50 - YouTube
                in this video taken yesterday same symptoms but for the first time it went up to 5900 and smoothed out. Could not get it to do it again though.

1999 DF50 Suzuki - YouTube
                to make things more confusing, this is happening once in a while but if you shut it down and restart it stops...

looked around for loosed connections and grounds.. cant find anything

Comment

Had a similar problem with my 4stroke 50. Changed the coil pack on the top cylinder and everything good.

Comment

Working...
                  X