03 df 115 gas in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 df 115 gas in oil

Hello Everyone, This is my first post. I brought this unit brand new and had only one problem with it , the fuel pump. They replaced the fuel pump under warranty a few years back, now I was checking the oil and it was about overflow out the dip stick. It was serviced in the fall. I checked the oil level after being serviced and after I put it in the water in late May. It was fine, went to start it up and had a hard time starting up. It acted like it was flooded. That’s when I discovered the extra oil. I looked at the other links and they talk about replacing the diaphragm but I cant find it. Can anyone help me with this problem...

I have just been on a quest to fix the same problem with my 08 DF90. The diaphragm that could be the culprit is part of the low pressure fuel pump. It is on the back of the engine on the lower right side. It has two fuel lines going to it and has two scres holding it on. That one is an easy fix. Basically 2 hoses, 2 screws, and your back in business. Mine was replaced twice, but it didnt fix the problem. Mine ended up being something in the Vapor separator/high pressure fuel pump. This one is not an easy fix. It ended up costing me $650. Hope this helps.

Comment

Do you replace the whole low pressure pump or can you get the diaphragn by its self...mm

Comment

Originally posted by Mizman View Post
        Do you replace the whole low pressure pump or can you get the diaphragn by its self...mm
        It will be coming from either the low pressure fuel pump or the float in the vst wont hold its level and is filling up the vst and being sucked out through the vapour line.

Comment

As fat as I know, the pump is not serviceable. but you can test it. Take it off, but leave the fuel lines attached. Have someone pump the primer ball and see if any gas comes out of the diaphragm. Alternatively, you can take it off and remove the fuel lines. Hold your fingers over the fuel ports with one hand and squeeze the plunger on the pump with your other hand. it shouldn't press in very far and then stop. Liquids are not compressible, so if it keeps going in there is a leak or your fingers aren't sealing good. Either way, you should be able to tell.

Now if it is the VST, you can take the line loose that comes from the vst to the top of the valve cover on the starboard side of the engine. It is a tiny hose near the top. Leave it off and run the motor on the water hose and watch for gas. It will probably take a while before it will happen. Mine took 20-30 minutes, but then it started pouring out.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X