2008 150hp 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 150hp 4 stroke

My 150hp 4 stroke has 280 hrs running time with zero problems. Sunday it was running fine for 1 hour when I shut down to make a drift for fish. When I tried to restart it would not start and sounded like it was not getting gas. Let it sit for awhile and kept trying to start every few minutes. Finally it started and ran fine for 2 more hrs. Got back to dock and restarted several times with no problems. Went out again yesterday and had same problem with identical results. Any suggestions?

possible air in fuel system

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus23 View Post
      My 150hp 4 stroke has 280 hrs running time with zero problems. Sunday it was running fine for 1 hour when I shut down to make a drift for fish. When I tried to restart it would not start and sounded like it was not getting gas. Let it sit for awhile and kept trying to start every few minutes. Finally it started and ran fine for 2 more hrs. Got back to dock and restarted several times with no problems. Went out again yesterday and had same problem with identical results. Any suggestions?
      Do you mean it cranked over and did not start or did not crank very well and when it did start did it splutter and smell rich.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
        Do you mean it cranked over and did not start or did not crank very well and when it did start did it splutter and smell rich.
        It cranked over very good and did not start. When it did start it started like normal with no sputter.

Comment

Working...
        X