Df 150 not revving more than 3k rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df 150 not revving more than 3k rpm

Hope everybody is having a good day. Well as the title states, my motor does rev passed 3000 rpm. I called mechanic and he ran diagnostics and the computer said it was the " neutral safety switch ". On my datch i was getting 3 flashes followed by 3 flashes as well. I ended up ordering one and changed it ( the one by the motor ). It seems to be giving me the same problem. Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you

there is also a neutral switch in the control box.

Comment

Originally posted by noelm007 View Post
      there is also a neutral switch in the control box.
      Thanks for the response Noel. I was told the same. The motor turns on perfectly though. If I changed the one and the motor it should be the one in the control box then I guess. Now I have no clue where to order it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elpingulaz View Post
        Thanks for the response Noel. I was told the same. The motor turns on perfectly though. If I changed the one and the motor it should be the one in the control box then I guess. Now I have no clue where to order it lol
        Don't change the other neutral switch it is not hooked into the ECU your other switch might only need adjusting, just remember in neutral the engine will only rev to 3000rpm and the timing is fixed at 8 deg.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
          Don't change the other neutral switch it is not hooked into the ECU your other switch might only need adjusting, just remember in neutral the engine will only rev to 3000rpm and the timing is fixed at 8 deg.
          It looks just how it sat before I replaced it. I just find it weird that its still throwing the neutral safety switch code still after the replacement.

Comment

check your high pressure filter screen. I recently had a issue similar to yours minus the flashes on the tach and it was clogged filter screens from the ethanol gas.

Comment

Originally posted by kurttruk View Post
              check your high pressure filter screen. I recently had a issue similar to yours minus the flashes on the tach and it was clogged filter screens from the ethanol gas.
              I would look into the filters tomorrow. But my big worry is why is it still flashing the neutral safety switch code 3-3. This is getting frustrating :/

Comment

Still doing the same. Please help

Comment

Originally posted by Elpingulaz View Post
                  Still doing the same. Please help
                  Just check the operation of the switch with a multimeter, it is on in neutral and off in gear, get someone to jiggle the gear leaver while it is running in gear if the switch closes, bingo adjust it. I don't know about the df 150 but there is no code for the neutral switch on a df 140.

Comment

Working...
                  X