Suzuki df 115 flush port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki df 115 flush port

What's up guys. I bought a used suzuki df 115 a couple days ago and on the test ride I noticed the left flush port was leaking water when we was at full throttle. I had a df150, my dad and uncle have df200s and I never noticed if there's leaked on there or what. Is this normal? I pulled it off too see if my it wasn't on right but I never rode in it since to see if it leaked any more. What y'all think is it fine?

Alright since I took the flush port off and put it back on it isn't leaking anymore, but my uncle pointed out how hot the motor is. Mean when you touch the top of the cover its hot as hell and you can't even touch the water out te piss hole it's so hot. Is it normal? There motors aren't like that so we was wondering if we should change the water pump or what. Thanks for any help

Comment

Also another detail on it, when I'm at idle it has a weak pee stream not very weak but fairly week then when I give it gas it pees really hard. I haven't changed the water pump or impeller or anything. Could that be the reason te pee is very hot and the motor cover itself is extremely hot. Thanks or any answers

Comment

My df140 has a fairly weak stream at idle on the muffs but is fine in the water - I put it down to water pressure when flushing. The stream isn't that hot that you can't hold your hand in it tho.

Cheers Ryan

Comment

I went crabbing with it today, and the cover was a little hot but not like the first time I rode in it, and the pee was pretty hot but not as hot as the first time too. I talked to one of my friends today who has one and he said his I'd hot also so maybe it's just how the motors run. As long as it doesn't run hot or get any alarms I guess I should be fine. Thanks for your reply man

Comment

my df140 pee stream is weak on the water. hose to flush port, pee stream is excellent.

Comment

On the water your impeller is driving the pee stream, on the flush port your municipal water pressure is driving the pee stream. Might want to consider servicing your water pump. Suzuki recommends change it out every 200 hours or 12 months.

Comment

yes. i think its the impeller case ordering a replacement now. theres also a very interesting looking gasket in the case that didnt look right. apparently there is no obstruction to the tell talel right ?

Comment

What do you think about that round metal sleeve that goes inside the case ? is there any way that could go bad ? I dont see that on boats.net

Comment

Just buy the full water pump replacement kit and be done with it.

It includes all the components that should be replaced.

Comment

Working...
                    X