making oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making oil

my df140 is making oil. I put in new block and head due to major corrosion since I put new block I put in new rings and bearings also. it ran fine for about 40hrs. then that's when I noticed gas in oil high levels I change primary fuel pump it was good for 54hrs. and now levels are high again. I need advise on what to do now. thanks in advance.

I believe it is just a matter of running it fairly hard, and long enough for the rings to seat. It took a couple hundred hours before mine stopped making oil. Once it stopped making oil the oil also stayed much cleaner, a further indication that the rings are the primary cause of the problem. Watch the oil level and change it when it gets too diluted.

Comment

the problem with that I put new oil filter and plugs Sunday and took it out for a ride and only made it 6 miles from the dock and had to be towed back in from sea tow. when I got it back home I pulled dip stick and it was 3/4 up the stick. about 1 month ago I put new high pressure fuel pump in and took it out and the level never went up. I ride for 15 mine down intercostal now it fills my crank case. I have no clue were to go now.

Comment

What about doing a compression test to see if rings are seated.

Comment

The float in your vst is not holding its level and it is filling up with fuel and is sucked into the sump via the vapour line. Pull the vapour line of while it is running and you will see the fuel. All that crap about rings not seating is only for people that don't understand what goe's on in a combustion chamber. On a df 140 there are two places fuel will leak into the sump, the low pressure pump or the vst.

Comment

Red is correct that it sounds like your vapor separator float, needle and seat are likely acting up, especially considering how quickly you are making oil. In my case my dealer said making oil is common on 4 cycle engines until the rings seat, and recommended running it hard and the problem will go away. He was correct as well.

Comment

Working...
            X