df 250 died....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df 250 died....

I've problem with my suzuki df250, there is dc (12 v) current from engine to the key switch at the bridge, but when i turn the switch key on, the current (DC 12 V)from black wire was gone....would u like to help me to fix this problem, pls...thanks.http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/i...cons/icon6.gif

Does your tilt and trim work at the binnacle? If not, look at my thread "no power at the helm"

Comment

Hii...gdubroc,....thanks for the info. by the way, i've already check the white wire from battery to the engine (found 12 v) Picture no. 2. than i checked all the wire from harnes connector (found 12 v Normally) picture no. 3. than i checked harnes wire to bridge panel (found 12 v normally)...but when i turn the switch key on...(before starter)...the current 12 v going gone in all wire causing the switch key no power to start the engine....?

Comment

That is kind of what happened to me. You could have the voltage but not enough of the wires making connection to give you the current you need to actually start the engine.

What happens when you try the tilt and trim from the binnacle?

Comment

trim still function (up n down),...yesterday i've checked the cable harnes, all cable connected n' still found the current (the instrument panel no indicator light/buzzer on) but when i connected the grey cable the current gone...soo fail agains....

Comment

I don't have my manual with me (I will have it tomorrow). I can look at the wiring diagram then. What year is the motor. You could have a bad key switch. Someone I spoke to yesterday couldn't get is oil light to reset and found out he had a bad kill switch.

Comment

if you don;t have mind, would u like to send me the wiring diagaram to my email : candra2yudha@yahoo.com....(if u got it). btw....the engine's year 2007, and the board have 2 engines. before that i;ve tried to replace the switch cable between port (good condition) and stbd engine...same case the switch port cable no current from stbd engine....if i turn on the key...thks for info...

Comment

I will scan it and email it to you.

A couple of things to keep in mind. The black wire should be a ground so you should see -12V on it.

I found out this weekend that 12V is feed to the engine from the main wiring harness, in my case from the helm to the engine.

Comment

i'll wait for it....thanks broc. In this week may be i will get little headache for this case but i enjoy it. nice to talk with u....

Comment

Originally posted by gdubroc View Post
                    I will scan it and email it to you.

A couple of things to keep in mind. The black wire should be a ground so you should see -12V on it.I found out this weekend that 12V is feed to the engine from the main wiring harness, in my case from the helm to the engine.
                    I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
                      I don't think so.
                      Typically the black is a ground on 12V circuits but I have my manual with me so I can look up the color codes.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
                        I don't think so.
                        Redlowrey, which did you not agree with, that the black should be a ground or have -12V on it. I am looking through the manual and it does look like black goes to ground. On the -12V, it will show a -12V if the multimeter positive lead is hooked up to the black in the negative lead is hooked up to positive. These things bounce around in my mind in a way that they are clear to me but I don't always convey them properly.

I was a little confused by the OP saying he would see +12V on the black and the only way that should happen is if he has the meter positive probe on a +12V terminal and the negative on black and is reading the meter, which in this case means he is loosing a ground somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                        X