Will not stay running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will not stay running

I have a 2002 Suzuki 140 EFI. I just recently just pulled it out of storage after 2 years. I made sure all the fluids are good to include changing the fuelto but after starting it will run for about 1 to 2 minutes and then would die. This would continue on so I replaced all the filters IE High press and low press filters and also the water seperator filter still no luck. It seems like the fuel pump is not doing its job I asume its the one under the intake manifold.the fuel rail is not getting fuel pressure. I pump the bulb up but no luck

Is this a fix for a mechanic like myself wich works on planes or is it for a boat mechanic wich does it every day. Thanks

Originally posted by Biglou View Post
    I have a 2002 Suzuki 140 EFI. I just recently just pulled it out of storage after 2 years. I made sure all the fluids are good to include changing the fuelto but after starting it will run for about 1 to 2 minutes and then would die. This would continue on so I replaced all the filters IE High press and low press filters and also the water seperator filter still no luck. It seems like the fuel pump is not doing its job I asume its the one under the intake manifold.the fuel rail is not getting fuel pressure. I pump the bulb up but no luck

Is this a fix for a mechanic like myself wich works on planes or is it for a boat mechanic wich does it every day. Thanks
    If your a mechanic you should be able to find the problem and fix it easy. When you squeeze the primer you should be able to pull fuel from the tank to the low pressure fuel pump on the cam cover from there through the low pressure fuel filter to the vst, inside the vst is the high pressure fuel pump and float assembly. When you turn the key on the high pressure fuel pump will run for three seconds and if it does not get a signal from the crank angle sensor it will shut off.

Comment

I have a 2012 Suzuki 70hp 4 stroke changed all the fillters cleaned the battery post and I'm still having problems with it staying running itall run good and just die allasuden like if I turn the key off of and on and some time it will run good all day
      Last edited by stroder; 09-11-2013, 03:34 PM. Reason: re word

Comment

Working...
      X