2005 DF 115 won't start after it gets hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF 115 won't start after it gets hot

I have a 2005 Suzuki DF 115. When it gets hot after I run a couple of miles, it won't start again. It acts like it is in gear but it's not the neutral safety switch, at least in the shifter. This problem only happens when the engine is hot.

I had a shop tell me it was the ECU. When the problem happened I put a pack of frozen vegetables against the ECU and it fired up. I did this a couple of times with consistent results. So I bought a new ECU. Got the new ECU installed and motor ran great, but I'm running into the exact same issue. I swapped out the new and plugged in the new. Fired right up. I then drove a ways, turned it off and tried to start it. No dice. Swapped out the ecu's again and it started right up. Did this series of events multiple times with exact same results.

I am thoroughly confused. Any suggestions?

When you put the shifter into neutral and turn the key to the start position, battery voltage will flow through the neutral switch in the shifter to the ecu and through the second neutral switch to the starter relay, when the ecu see's battery voltage from the start switch it will put a ground on the relay coil and energize the relay. I think you may a broken wire at the ecu plug where the ecu receives the battery voltage signal on crank, if you are any good with a multimeter you will find the problem in no time.

Comment

Working...
    X