Suzuki 200 Df 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if everything looked that clean then its likely not corrosion related

sounds like you might need let the mechanic do his thing, maybe the oil pump is not holding pressure

Comment

i have a Oil pressure warning light ,it has not gone off

Comment

I am thinking it has something to do with the water pick up tube ,or in that generally area ,My thought is that when the motor is cold there is air being sucked through the system .The Motor warms up and something is expanding (Gromment ,Gasket,ect..)therefor let the pressure build up enough to allowing the motor to some what function properly

Comment

I re-read all the posts and one thing i am not sure about is whether when you did the regular service you installed a new impeller in the water pump?

If so are you 100% certain that you put it in correctly? Ie the vanes pointing in the right direction, and a little grease in the housing to give it some initial lubrication?

This is sounding to me like a possible explanation...... You know, the simplest things sometimes catch us out?

It may also be that the first time you started her after the service and she heated up, well maybe it was as simple as insufficient water getting thru the muffs and you may have damaged the impeller, thus the problems since that point onwards. It doesnt take much to melt the tips of a new impeller, and while it still might pump enough water to keep things coolnat speed, may not be enough at idle.

Anyway.....

Comment

Thanks for your input ,thought the same thing .I brought a whole new kit (Impeller kit) installed it ,but no luck .Yes ,put the impeller and key way in ,slide housing down over the impeller ,little grease on tips ,spin the shaft clockwise as you put a little pressure and the housing and it slips right on.

This is definatly one of those times that your Brain hurts after 2 hours of playing with it .Hate to take it to the Pro's but i don't know what else to do

Comment

Might be time to let the pro's have a look at it then. Seems you have done all the usual things. A good mechanic should be able to sort it out.

Comment

Got an Appt this week to bring the boat in .I am figured to would still mess with it a little bit before bringing it in .

She seems to start fine and pee right away like it used too.I do notice now that intermeditly when i shut her down there is a some steam coming from the tell tale ,again not every fire up .I am hoping by including this info that someone may have a better understanding of what could be going on

Comment

Update

Got my boat back today .From what is was told is that under the water impeller there is the Metal plate and gasket.The Mech. Said that they see quit a few that need a bead of silicone sealant ( Gasket making silicone ). The problem is usually temp alarm at idle or very slow speeds.This is the way they have found to resolve this issue.
                  Water test and idle test came up to be fine.
                  Tomorrow I will try to get it out and see how she runs .

Comment

Fingers crossed that you have it sorted. Sometimes there is no substitute for experience and knowledge with these things!

Comment

I am Hoping so .They said they did a water test ,for about an hour !!
                      Apparently they took a few Boats to test

Tried to get her on the water today but as always the rain decided to fall
                      hopefully i can get her out around the fourth to do some fishing

Comment

Working...
                      X