HELP HELP HELP- suzuki 150 alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP HELP HELP- suzuki 150 alarm

Suzuki twin 150 hp. 2001 two strokes. I have a single beep every seven seconds. this occurs with just the key turned on, engine not running as well as running at idle on the hose. No lights are lit on gauges when alarm is beeping. engines start fine and idle fine. I have contacted every Suzuki dealer in my area, no one seems to know what this beep is? I have oil in tanks. Any ideas?
    I have searched this forum and read about this but there was no fix posted.
    Any recommendations of a good Suzuki tech/dealer in my area? long island, n.y. Thanks in advance.

Any ideas?

Comment

beeps every 7 seconds?

You have 2 motors, right?
      Are both motors giving the same beep signal?
      When key is turned on, do all your lights on that gauge come on...the temp light, the check engine light, and oil lights, going all the way to full, if filled up??
      the check engine light does not flash between the beeps?
      Do each motor separately to see if any differences in the two systems.

Comment

yes all gauges work. no flashing lights when beeping? yes both motors do the same.

Comment

thanks for responding! I still have not figured this out.

Comment

alarm beeps on both motors

I am thinking electrical issues in this. Have any wires or connections on both motors been worked on? Batteries disconnected, or wires under the console been changed? How long has this been doing this, and you're certain it is the motor alarm sounding off, and not your depth finder?

Comment

not depth finder. the solenoid for the twin batteries was shorted and had to be replaced. I also changed out battery cables, they were all corroded on the ends. Nothing on the engines were touched.

Comment

twin batteries?

If common to both engines, something here might be your problem? Not familiar with this solenoid you're talking about, but make sure your wiring is correct. If one wire is wrong, this could be causing the problem.
                Check the diagram for this.
                Good luck.

Comment

twin batteries...

You might look for a loose wire that missed getting connected... It might go to the solenoid or to the batteries. Or, another corroded wire that isn't making contact. But I feel certain this is the area that is related to your problem.
                  Good luck again.

Comment

Working...
                  X