No Spark...Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spark...Need Help!

I have a '99 Suzuki 115hp EFi. When cold, the motor will start and run fine for approx. 5min. Once it shuts down it may fire for a brief moment but not all cylinders are firing. Eventually no spark in any cylinder will result. Have replaced the emergency shut off(kill switch) and checked the Neutral safety switch at the controls....can't seem to locate one at the motor. Any ideas where to look next?..thanks!

sounds like it might be your ECM, its what tells the plugs when to fire

Comment

no spark to dt115

I would check the gear counting coil, pulse coil, magneto, and flywheel (for loose or cracked magnets/epoxy... All items tell the ecm to fire the coils. The 115's and 140's are just alike, check those posts for additional info.

Comment

It's a heat issue of a primary/secondary ignition component. Check resistance of ECM, Coils, Stator components cold. Then check them again when the temp is up and the discrepancy is present. You will isolate the issue this way. You will need a wiring diagram and most af the tests are "this or that color wire to the black wire. Suzuki has very specific OHMS called out for their components. YOU WILL NEED A GOOD SHOP MANUAL.

Comment

ecm/ no spark

Hi Dave,

I have a 97 DT140 EFI having same problem. No spark on #3 and #1plugs . I believe ite my ECM $2300.00 for a new one havent been able to get used one. ones ive seen on ebay $250 to $900 . needless to say the 250 one is sold

Comment

No Spark - need help

Thanks for all the great replies. The info certainly helps. I am a novice at this but since there are no Suzuki shops close by I'm continuing the pursuit. Can anyone tell me how to test the OHMS from the Stator & trigger?.....Thanks!

Comment

no spark

Hey Dave, if you have a service manual it will tell you which wires to test. Testing ohms is just a continuity test between the two wires on each component. If you don't have a good service manual, you need to get one.
              Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X