tilt and trim issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt and trim issue

Ok guys, my motor (84 Dt115) bleeds down bad. When it's tilted up above the trim cylinders it will bleed back down till it touches them again. It's turning the pump while it's falling. I've unhooked both the blue and pink wires it still falls. Pump running slowly but audible. The manual release valve was a little scared up. I ordered a replacement but it was a newer style. So I dressed up the end of the old one and used the new seals. The three little discs, puting the solid one in the middle. It also bleeds down to the cross pin under power so I constantly have to trim it up. I just found trim control solenoids on eBay so their on the way. I've read through a lot of tilt and trim posts. Haven't really found one similar. Please help.

trim and tilt problems, dt115

Well to start, couldn't find the '84 dt115 in the boats.net parts center here, earliest I found was '86... Not the first time its happened.
    My motors were '94, dt140's but similar/ same in many parts.
    A couple of possibilities are that your seals in your tilt cylinder are worn-out allowing the oil to slowly leak to the other side of the cylinder... Or, If you're certain the power tilt motor is turning, then your problem will most probably be in the valve body below the motor itself. The hydraulic oil under the weight of the motor is pushing the motor in the opposite direction because the check-valve system isn't stopping the oil from reversing, or returning to the reservoir. I am not sure of the price ('86 what I found), but may be same/close to your part is about $1K.
    Prices as they are, you might find a used one off a scrapped out 115, or 140. The same unit might have been used on other motors as well? If mechanically endowed you might be able to repair less costly.
    Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X