93 DT150 EFI problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 DT150 EFI problem

Motor will not run over 3000rpms. Acts as tho it is in limp mode. I have no check engine, rev limit, or oil lights, oil level shows full (oil tank is full).

Engine will rev up over 3000rpms on the muffs, but will not while in water under load.

At 3000 rpm engine begins to run rough and irradict. If I take it to WOT it boggs out.

Will start right up, again no check engine codes. It will also do this if I disable/unplug the TVS to force code and limp mode.
    I am going to finish checking other components tomorrow. I hope I do not have a bad ICU.

Thanks for any help!

So noticed I am not only one with this similar problem.

This seems to be a common issue. So someone at Suzuki has to know what it is. And how to fix it.

Comment

Efi 150

I would check the timing coils and the gear counting coils, and magnets under the flywheel (magneto area). If these items check then I'd go to through the fuel system on the motors. The gauge if working should flash if there is a problem with sensors. If the timing coils or gear counting coil is bad, the ECM will get the wrong signal, and it will be in limp mode.
      When testing by the Manuel make sure you are testing for the right out put, ohms/ dc-volts etc.
      Last edited by Solarman; 06-30-2014, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X