Suzuki overheat alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki overheat alarm

Hello, I am a new member to the forum and I am having issues with my 2004 suzuki 225. Last trip motor ran fine at speed. Normal cruising speed for me is around 3600 to 4000 rpm. When I throttled down and ran at idle for approximately 2 minutes, audible alarm sounded and heat indicator came on. Water was flowing good from tell tale. I shut down, restarted and no alarm for another couple of minutes but then alarm sounded again and motor started shut down. I shut it down again, restarted and came up on plane with no problem. Motor continued to run fine until I got back to pass (approx 25 minutes). I came back to idle and within a minute, same problem. When I got home, I had water pump replaced and thermostats checked. All were working properly. I started engine with water muffs in place and had good water flow. After about a minute at idle, heat indicator activated and motor started shutdown. Water coming from tell tale did not seem to be hot. Does this sound like actual heating problem or could it be a sensor or computer problem? I don't know what else to check. Motor has 240 hours on it and maintenance is on schedule. Motor is flushed after every trip for 8 to 10 minutes. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

heating problems

If you have strong/ good steady flow from tell tale, and water is only warm, and t'stats are good I would say it sounds like the temp sensor needs to be changed. Are there any codes flashing?

Comment

I would agree on the temp sensor acting flakey
      However with the alarm sounding it should be throwing an error code
      Is your motor wired to your cart plotter through a NEMA backbone?
      Art

Comment

Working...
      X