Fuel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel problems

I have a 2009 250HP with at least one fuel issue. There is a line that comes off the top of the fuel pump assembly, goes to some kind of sensor/solenoid?, from there another line goes to the air filter assembly, the design I assume is to dump overflow fuel into the carburetor from there.

Anyway fuel is constantly running through those lines into the air filter assembly and leaking down the back of the engine.

Anyone have any ideas on what the cause is?

fuel pump issues

The parts pic shows 2 fuel pumps on this motor. Which one are you looking at? The pump right after the fuel filter bowl, or the pump inside the vapor separator tank (vst)?
    On another note, my brother Tom used to launch his boat (SeaCat) at dolphin Marina, is this where you are?

Comment

OK I should have given more detailed information, sorry about that. The hose comes off the top of the Vapor separator assembly and goes to the evaporation purge valve, another hose from there goes to the air filter cover for dumping into the carburetor orifice. This is where the gasoline is leaking from, so it's coming from the VS assembly. My question is why would it do that?

Comment

fuel from vst

The vst has a float assy and needle valve if needle valve is sticking open then the float isn't shutting gas off when float bowl is full. The vst needs to be checked/ cleaned, and may need new needle valve.
        Good luck.

Comment

about dolphin marine

You never mentioned if you were at dolphin Marina?

Comment

Actually my business is called Dolphin Marine in the Destin Florida area and I'm diesel oriented. Trying to help out one of my good friends and fishing buddies with his new boat. If it's something beyond me then it will have to go to an outboard shop because we don't work on them.

Comment

diesel is good

The vapor separator tank isn't difficult to clean, the float setting is probably good, but the needle valve seems to be your problem. The needle isn't going all the way up into the seat. There might be trash preventing the needle from seating, or another possibility might be the float itself? If float has fluid inside it, then that could cause the float to sink , not pushing needle all the way up, basically the same outcome.
              Let us know, and good luck.

Comment

Thanks will check it out!

Comment

Working...
                X