Control cable diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control cable diameter

When swapping from DF50 to DF70, everything seemed to match perfectly except for the control cables as they fit into the bracket on the motor. I was able to use the old cables from the DF50 on the DF70 but they fit in loosely. When using the DF70 cables on the DF50, they are larger diameter in the bracket and don't fit quite right.

Is there any requirement to use cables sized to the motor HP? Could I swap out the brackets with the very tight philips head screws between motors so the cables fit correctly? Any problems from continuing to use the smaller diameter cables with the DF70 not completely snug? The rubber stopper between cables seems to hold everything together just fine though.
    Attached Files

control cables

It is hard to tell by the pic. But the groove in the outer case must lock into the bracket to prevent the outer-case movement. Also the angle of the cable should be fairly straight going to the linkage connection. There should be flexibility at that groove to allow slight movement up or down to match linkage connector. If you swapped the bracket (will it fit your motor?) It might hold the cables better/ properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      It is hard to tell by the pic. But the groove in the outer case must lock into the bracket to prevent the outer-case movement. Also the angle of the cable should be fairly straight going to the linkage connection. There should be flexibility at that groove to allow slight movement up or down to match linkage connector. If you swapped the bracket (will it fit your motor?) It might hold the cables better/ properly.
      The groove does lock properly on both setups, its just the diameter outside the groove differs between engines. Angle is good. I would swap the brackets but I'm selling the DF50 and I'd rather keep the DF50 (smaller) bracket on the DF50 so the buyer gets what they would expect.

Of course if they had a larger diameter cable set I could easily swap them so they could use the large cables on the DF50. Win-win

Comment

Working...
      X