1999 DT150 lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 DT150 lower unit

Hello everybody. New to the site, so if this is the wrong place to post this question. Let me know. Looking for a 1999 DT150 lower unit. Mine is screwed. Bought a 1986 Wahoo with a 1999 DT150 and a 2002 Load Rite trailer. Hull is in great shape and the trailer is aswell. I have replaced the steering cables and throttle cables and still have under $3200 in it. I think I did pretty good. TILL, the lower unit crapped out! The women I bought it from had not used it in a year and knows nothing about service records. Her ex handled it. At some point someone cross threaded the wrong bolt, and JB welded 2 others on the water pump housing and has ruined the housing. Don't think is salvagable. I'm learning about the Suzuki DT's as I go. I think, and I stress, THINK, 150 to 225 lowers are the same. Feel free to school me. Any help would be great. Thanks, B
    Last edited by TAZMACK23; 07-29-2014, 11:00 AM.

stripped threads on water pump housing.

Take your lower unit to a welding/ mechanical shop that welds aluminum. They may be able to weld/ fill the holes, then re-drill and tap them. It might still be salvageable.

Comment

Thanks, will do.

Comment

Got threads fixed and had unit rebuilt. Will not go into foward gear now. No one seems be able to figure out why? Waiting on Suzuki rep to come to town to look at it himself. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X