2004 suzuki 140 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 suzuki 140 problem

At times when I start my motor it will rev up real high and then go back to idle. Another problem ive been having is when I take off it runs good right at the start then dies. (on 3 different occasions) It usually starts right back up. Last problem is when I come off the throttle to idle it will die but start right back up. Need help!!!!

df140 running issues

Am guessing this is a df140, 4 stroke, as it doesn't show a listing for dt140's for '04. Have you check your fuel filters and lines, bulb, tank vent, or anything?

Comment

iAC valve. Needs cleaning or replacement, or resetting. Pretty classic symptoms from what I gather.

Search this site for the above and you will find info.

There is a reset procedure in the service manual that can be tried. But if the valve is faulty it may need to be replaced.

If you do need to replace, look closely at the part and google the part number on ebay. I believe that they are a common automotive part made by Mitsubishi and can be bought for about a third of the price of the exact same part sold by Suzuki outboards.

Also, and I hate to say this, check for the dreaded Suzuki DF90-140 engine holder corrosion issue!

Just below the fresk water flushing connector on the side of the engine is where to look. The is a kind of welsh plug there that can corrode out and this allows exhaust gas to escape and the gas under the cowl stalls the engine. Hot exhaust also can damage nearby wiring loom.

Again, if you search this site (use the advanced search function because the normal seach function still doesnt work ( aaaarrrggghhhh!) for engine holder corrosion you will find info including options to fix it. If i had a pre-2008 Df90-140 I would be watching this area very carefully. Even if not corroded through, it would be a good idea to remove the offending steel plug and replace it with an alloy one.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-03-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X