dt150 question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dt150 question?

Does anyone know if the DT150-200-225 from the years 1986 to 2003 use the same lower unit? Having a hellava time finding one.

dt150 gear case question

Suzuki Marine 55110-87D21-0ED CASE,GEAR

Yes, the above gear case is listed as being used on dt150 from 1987, until 2003, and many models (dt150, dt200, and dt225) used this same gear case.

However, the transmissions, gear ratios may have been different in many of those models. Likewise, if you're looking for a used one online, make sure you look for one with the same shaft length as yours, some models had longer/ shorter shafts.

If you're looking to swap your gear case parts into a used case online, it might still cost an additional $200 - $500 for a good mechanic to do the work, providing he doesn't find any worn parts in your gear case that he says has to be replaced.

If this request is because of the stripped water pump holes, I recommend you try to have heli-coils, with threaded stainless studs put in, with stainless nuts and washers on top of the water pump housing.
    Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      If this request is because of the stripped water pump holes, I recommend you try to have heli-coils, with threaded stainless studs put in, with stainless nuts and washers on top of the water pump housing.
      Good luck.
      I agree and a second option I would use before even thinking of replacing the whole gear case is to replace the gear case top plate (shaft bearing housing) and that will solve the stripped bolts issue and give you new top bearings and seals.

most of the ones I have seen for motors sell for around $100-$150 new

also I have seen some housing have enough room around the bolt holes to let you tap the threads out to the next size up and just drill a slightly bigger hole in the stat housing if needed

Comment

Thanks guy! Took your advice and called around to the local machine shops. Found a guy who does marine machine work. Told me he as fixed this issue on many suzuki's. Picking it up tomorrow. Let you know how it works out. I don't expect to have it back for at least a week.

Comment

can I ask a favor.

Do you have an ohm meter? Could you read the ohms on your dt150 throttle valve sensor for me?
          I do not want you to adjust or change anything on your motor.
          Yes, you would have to unplug your throttle valve sensor for this reading, and putting the ohm meter on the g/r b wires with the 20k scale.

I am trying to compare ohm readings for a throttle valve sensor for dkshooter, and my motors are dt140's, that measure about 1.3 on the 20k scale in neutral/idle (linkage disconnected), and 4.3 WOT (still in neutral, just pushing throttle by hand all the way open.
          His readings are about .9 neutral/ idle, and about 2.6 WOT (using his throttle control). He has a dt150 and it might be a good read for his motor, but I'd like to get a read on another dt150, to know if his TVS is reading good, or if it is ~ half what it should read. Thnx Solarman.

Comment

Working...
          X