throttle valve sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle valve sensor

does any one know what values I should be looking for on a TVS for a 1996 DT 150? Either voltage or ohms.
    Thanks

TVs sensor

Check your other Thead, I gave you readings.

Comment

readings given

Dk, I did give readings off my dt140's. I just checked the part #'s, and yes, your tvs and mine are different. Therefore, you might be better off downloading the service manual for your engine and going by the book for your readings. Good luck.

Comment

tvs readings

my manual only gives the readings for a dt 200 the wire colors match my 150 but I can not tell if they are the same part would you have any idea? this test looks like a geometry test.

thanks

Comment

TVs , dt150, 95

Your same TVs sensor was used on the '98 dt 200. I checked the part number and it is the same for the dt200's from 98 till 2003. That should be the right readings for your dt 150. Does the manual tell you the ohms values? If so, are they the same as my dt140? Ill have to look at my manual to see how they describe the adjustment.
          The 200's weren't made before '98, but they used the same TVs, so the ohms and adjustment should be fine for your motor.
          Good luck, let me know what you find out.

Comment

TVS adjustment

well I adjusted the TVS by the manual on the output side it was off by .07 volts I adjusted it down to the river well making a short story long ..... nope no difference back to square 1 any ideas??

Comment

dk, let's go with this thread

I'm going to ask a couple people to read their TVs, and see if they respond. Be easier if they come here to report, if they do.

Comment

dt150, 95 running issues

Ok, I tried to quote your settings from the other thread, wouldn't work for me, so we'll have to keep both threads up, till problem is resolved.
                Have no response on my request for ohm readings on another dt150 TVS. In the meanwhile I asked you to recheck the charging coils on the other thread. Can post it all here.

Comment

I apologize for semi-hijacking this thread, but I am also interested in the procedure for testing the TPS on a 1988 /1989 DT200. I searched, but haven't found it. I have a "Workshop Service Manual" but it covers "All Motors 2 to 225 HP" and so I think there's probably a better manual for me to get.

Anyway .. any chance you can provide me with any links or point me in the right direction for the proper procedure and readings (or to a better service manual).

Thanks, and again .. sorry for the intrusion.

Chris

Comment

good shop manual

Chris, your best bet is start your own thread, listing your motor and searching for a good Shop manual. You'll get farther that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X