• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote LMF 400 but , but I have 2 Suzuki 4" SMIS Multifunction gauges
    I tought it was the same
    Sorry for that
    I'm on the book page 44/45 of the 4" Suzuki multifunction
    I'll continue to check and try to adjsut it according with the manual.

Thanks for your patience
    Be clement with me , I'm french sometime i'm confuse with the english reading

Hope is going to be OK this time

I'll let you know the result as soon I'll be close to my boat (I'm at 9000 km of it !)

Comment

Bonne chance!

If you have any problems understanding the instructions, let us know and we will try our best to help you.
      Mike

Comment

I had a similar problem on mine. The problem was caused by a bad ground at the battery.

Is your fuel flow rate Liter per hour in the normal range?

When mine had the problem it was adnormaly high flow rate causing the gauge to show tank level dropping adnormaly low. The calibration of the fuel flow rate or tank level would not fix it. The only thing that fixed it was the reset to factory default of the "engine interface cable" in the system setup in the "bus device" list. After that the fuel flow was back to the factory default and was real close to right. Then you can follow the calibration for the actual fuel used to make the fuel flow more accurate.

Comment

formula233
          Which engine do you have ?

My flow rate seems to be normal ( well I think so !)

For my DF150

At iddle (neutral) : 0,9 liters /hour

4000 rpm >> beetween 15 & 19 liters per hour

does it look too high ?

I Know that it depend of the hull , the weight ..etc
          But if somebody with also a DF150 would tell me he's fuel flow rate , just to compare ( even if we can't really compare ...) but just to get an idea

PS: I'm still working very far from france So I could'nt do yet my new test with my boat

Comment

Originally posted by tomille3 View Post
            formula233
            Which engine do you have ?

My flow rate seems to be normal ( well I think so !)

For my DF150

At iddle (neutral) : 0,9 liters /hour

4000 rpm >> beetween 15 & 19 liters per hour

does it look too high ?

I Know that it depend of the hull , the weight ..etc
            But if somebody with also a DF150 would tell me he's fuel flow rate , just to compare ( even if we can't really compare ...) but just to get an idea

PS: I'm still working very far from france So I could'nt do yet my new test with my boat
            Your fuel flow looks good to me. I would say perfect.

Comment

So if my fuel flow rate look correct.

Can we imagine that my problem could come from my fuel tank calibration or something like that ?
              Last edited by tomille3; 09-26-2014, 02:44 AM.

Comment

I think it is time we started over again from the beginning. Shall we set up the interface from the start and go from there, because something is not right?

If you can go into the network menu, select devices, and find the Suzuki interface and see if there is an option to uninstall. Do that. It gets us back to a fresh start.

First job then is to go into network menu and set up the boat. This involves setting the engine/tank configuration (1 engine and 1 tank), setting the tank capacity and setting the engine year, location and horsepower. Then exit.

Please go back into the SMIS menu and do these steps.

Then put the engine on the muffs, start up, allow if to warm up, and check the gauge to see what readings you are getting for rpm, voltage, fuel flow and report back the results.

Comment

OK everything seem's working fine now
                  I started again from the beginning and I set up the interface .

Now I have another problem !!!!

I replace the tank .
                  So for the new tank I did reset of the tank & reconfigure it & I set it up as empty !
                  But the gauge still continue to display 144 liters .

I did it several times and it is contuing to show 144 liters as fuel remaining

So How can I do to reset the fuel remaining value

thanks

Comment

You can't set the fuel remaining value. Nor can you set it up as "empty".

When you set things up, the system will assume you have a new tank and it is full.

You are making things too hard!

I assume your new tank is 144 litres.

Go and fill up the tank. In the fuell menu, select refuel and set tank to full. You don't have to do anything else, as the fuel remaining and actual will now both be 144 litres.

Go boating and enjoy.

Comment

OK I understand but the actual tanks is 100 liters ! (the tank before was 158 liters)

I've tried to reset the values , but the "remaining fuel " still displaying the same

So how should I do ?

Comment

You'll need to go back to BOAT SETUP and redo the tank and engine configuration (page 11 in your manual). Then things should start to fall into place.
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X