DF70 - access to battery cable connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF70 - access to battery cable connection

Hi - question from a newbie - I have a 2008 DF70 which I've just begun to understand - how do I access the location on the engine where the battery cables are connected? It appears as though it's somewhere hidden under the bottom half of the cowling, which doesn't look to be all that simple to remove. It also looks like that has to be removed to change the oil filter as well - is this right?
    Alternatively, assuming the cables connect to the starting motor & that's under the flywheel cover - how does that come off? It has one bolt, OK, but seems to be attached via three other rubber/plastic studs. do you just pull it off these? Don't want to use too big a hammer on this ;-)

Thanks - Nick
    Last edited by Chernikit; 08-09-2014, 05:57 PM.

First I don't know your specific engine
    But cowling on my 175 are pretty simple to remove
    A 9 or 10 mm deep socket or something very close to that should remove the bolts that hold the pieces together With my engine the top half comes off first
    Bottom half removed is needed on mine engine to get to oil filter
    Cables should terminate on the starter and starter relay
    Would suggest getting desktop service manual
    Art

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
      First I don't know your specific engine
      But cowling on my 175 are pretty simple to remove
      A 9 or 10 mm deep socket or something very close to that should remove the bolts that hold the pieces together With my engine the top half comes off first
      Bottom half removed is needed on mine engine to get to oil filter
      Cables should terminate on the starter and starter relay
      Would suggest getting desktop service manual
      Art

Thanks, Art, your advice is much appreciated - have found an online source for service manual & downloaded it. Things are much clearer now.

Regards - Nick

Comment

That is very good.. glad to point you in the right direction
        Art

Comment

Working...
        X