Water pump pressure tap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump pressure tap ?

I, have an 18' HydraSports I, just repowered with a 87' DT150 my yamaha 130 gave up the ghost, the original Suzuki controls are on the boat, my question is I, have a water pump pressure gauge on the dash but I, cant seem to find where to put in a tap on the Suzuki the yamaha had a tap, does anyone have a suggestion from past experiences for a location on these motors, or should it even be done, Thanks for any help anybody has.

dt140, '87

If the motor runs fine why mess with it?
    The only place I'd recommend is where the tell tale is plugged in, but if you interfere with the flow, you might cause problems.
    Go to your local dealership, and let them be responsible for adding it to your motor.
    Good luck.

Comment

I, thought of the tell tale also but figured not to mess with that, so I, tapped the thermostat cover as I, used to be a machinist, the pressure gauge is on and working, thanks for your input.

Comment

i just got one from tower hobbies, and the directions said the best place to tap was something right behind the carb. when you unscrew it it was kind of like a spacer, to push the carb away from the engine a little. wish i could be more descriptive, but my engine is already tapped down at the crank case.
        buy batteries in bulk

Comment

That is interesting, I, will look at the parts diagram and my motor to see if there is something there that can be used for that.

Comment

Working...
          X