1994 70hp four stroke not peeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 70hp four stroke not peeing

Last night we hooked the muffs up to it and no peeing at all then tonight after reading a bunch of different things it could be we launched it and drove around for couple minutes. No water peeing out manifold is cold and when you hold your hand over pee hole you feel pressure coming out so any ideas would be helpful thanks in advance
    Last edited by Blingin97; 08-30-2014, 07:19 AM.

df70, not peeing

If your motor isn't running hot, then probably a small obstruction in the pee line. Try a small wire, or heavy monofilament line and push up into the pee hole while motor is on muffs running, or in the water. It's probably a small piece of trash or corrosion, or maybe a small bug that got up in the line.
    Tell is how it worked out.

Comment

Changed impeller and stuck line in hole. No luck yet. Does the motor have to get up to temperature before water will come out of pee hole? The manifold is cold while running with muffs on. Also water is coming out of the holes above the intake where the muffs go on. Thanks
      Last edited by Blingin97; 09-01-2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

no water from pee hole

Generally water always comes out pee hole. If easy to put back of boat in water at landing to see if pee hole works then, it could be low pressure. We have had others say same thing, that in water works fine. It could be thermostat stuck open if manifold stays cold, combined with small blockage? let us know what you find.

Comment

Motor

No luck tonight had it on water for 1.5 hrs in between wot and idle for serval minutes and can hold hand on manifold but no water out of pee hole next up tomorrow is new thermostat still lots of pressure out of pee hole just no water

Comment

no water Fromm pee hole

Sounds like blockage, but you say have pressure at pee hole.were you able to slide a small wire up in pee line, and nothing came out?

Comment

Yes we took about 2 ft of weed wacker line up the tube and nothing came out I may try to disconnect hose from motor and run line to the telltale ya there is a lot of pressure coming out of telltale just no water the motor runs great with no hiccups I will try that and new thermostat and see what happens very frustrating thanks for all the advice

Comment

No use replacing the thermostat, the motor does not overheat, and the thermostat has nothing to do with water coming out of the tell tale....

Comment

So I should remove telltale line and and make sure it's completely open? Any other suggestions if that checks out thanks

Comment

I recently had a lot of problems with this my self. same situation as you, different motor. what I ended up doing was taking the lower unit off, I took the hose fitting out of my muffs and fit it in to the copper tube that goes from the water pump housing to the bottom of the motor and shot water from the hose up there until i seen water out the pee hole. Then i took my muffs hooked them up to the lower unit while it was still off an made sure i had flow there. I then put the lower unit back up and my problem was solved. I dont know if this will work for you but it did for me. also if you have it hooked up to muffs there is sometimes another spot on the lower unit above the prop that takes in water sometimes to get flow with muffs you have to put a piece of duck tape on there to plug it so its not sucking air, but DO NOT for get to take that tape back off. anyway hope this helps
                    Last edited by g_craft; 09-03-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X