Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF90 will not start

My son has a 2007 DF90 that has low hours but has setup for 2 years and of
    course he did not run any stabilizer through the system. I know the basics on outboards especially that they can break but just sitting in the driveway. I just want to get it cranked where he can sell the boat. The closest Suzuki dealer is 60 miles and they have a reputation of high repair cost. Unfortunately my son has been unemployed for over a year.

I have done the following:

Flushed the tank
    Change the fuel filter
    New Primer bulb
    New battery
    New sparkplugs

To eliminate the fuel tank/lines/separator problems, I bought an Attwood 6 ga. tank and ran new fuel line from the to the primer bulb.

I primed the bulb until it was hard, cycled the switch 3 time and was able to be the engine to run for about 10 seconds. Pumping the bulb did not help
    keeping it running.

If I can not get help here, I will drag it to the dealer and pay for the repairs myself

Thanks in advance

Mine (DF40) did that after standing still for 3 years, I took the plugs out and saw that no fuel mixture was escaping from the top 2 cylinders when cranking, so I took the injectors out- take care not to lose the bottom, smallest rubber ring when taking out. I got my 3 injectors cleaned and checked on a flow machine with ultrasonic bath- after that it run perfectly. All for 20 euros for the guy in the car repair garage.
    Turns out that the ethenol in modern petrol cakes eveything up.

Comment

df90, '07, Sat up

You'll be better to clean the vapor separator tank (vst), and make sure the high and low filters are cleaned. Then try to start.
      DO NOT RUN ANY CLEANERS OR EITHER INTO THE THROTTLE BODY. THESE SOLUTIONS CAN DAMAGE SENSORS.
      If motor does not run then clean injectors.
      Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Drrnjns View Post
        Mine (DF40) did that after standing still for 3 years, I took the plugs out and saw that no fuel mixture was escaping from the top 2 cylinders when cranking, so I took the injectors out- take care not to lose the bottom, smallest rubber ring when taking out. I got my 3 injectors cleaned and checked on a flow machine with ultrasonic bath- after that it run perfectly. All for 20 euros for the guy in the car repair garage.
        Turns out that the ethenol in modern petrol cakes eveything up.
        Thanks for your input

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
          You'll be better to clean the vapor separator tank (vst), and make sure the high and low filters are cleaned. Then try to start.
          DO NOT RUN ANY CLEANERS OR EITHER INTO THE THROTTLE BODY. THESE SOLUTIONS CAN DAMAGE SENSORS.
          If motor does not run then clean injectors.
          Let us know.
          Thanks for your input

Comment

df90, running issues

Just let us know how it comes out.

Comment

make sure someone hasn't removed the safety lanyard.

Comment

df90, running issues

Ha ha... That too would help. Ha
                Thnx, could use a good laugh.
                But we shouldn't make jokes if someone is having problems. Sorry tuftiger.
                Last edited by Solarman; 09-01-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

df 90, running issues

Tuftiger, Solarman's assessment and recommendations are probably spot on. If the Vapor Separator Tank (VST) and high pressure filter have been sitting for time and were not properly drained, they may be the source of your problem. Also, you may want to separate the VST, remove the float and check the condition of the needle valve. You may be able to clean it by spraying it with carb cleaner or soaking it in some solvent.

Best of luck and let us know it you get it running again.

Comment

Working...
                  X