Ignition control unit faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dt150, running issues

Thnx, BillCon, will wait to hear how it goes.
    Good luck.

Comment

Ok here is what I, have found on setting up A TVS, comparing it to my old one which didnt do this, if you follow the manual and get completely lost as I, did, on that V1, V2 = V4 conversions, while advancing 4 degrees, you can think of it like this, On a normal 12-hour clock, the minute hand moves thru 360° in 1 hour, 360° in 60 minutes, or 6° every minute you will be slightly less than a minute at 4 degrees. This is what I, did I, dont know if it is really a recommended way, but it worked to get me close enough to run and fine tune it, Make sure the throttle valve is in the full closed position, install the TVS and "slightly" tighten the 3 screws, dont connect it to the ICU yet put the black test lead on the black wire of the TVS and the red test lead on the B/y wire and set it to show continuity, very slowly turn the TVS clockwise until continuity shows on, tighten the 3 screws now check the by working the throttle several times to see it the switch stays on, then plug it into the ICU,this is about 4 degrees of throttle or 1 1/2 degrees on the TVS, I, took it out on the water and it worked fine, I, will do more research on the V conversion charts and how to properly preform that section of adjustment.

Comment

tvs sensor

I am glad to hear you're running again.
        Good luck. Happy boating.

Comment

that could be the pickup coil it might not test bad till it wont run.
          buy batteries in bulk

Comment

I, had tested all the coils hot and cold just for one of those phantom glitch theorys, but as it turned out the TVS was bad and shorting out, it is kind of like a Potentiometer and a switch at the same time, I, put on a new one and problem solved

Comment

Working...
            X